top of page

NA (Non Agricultural Land Conversion) - Complete Process

To Get your NA Certificate with fastest way without any worries call us now!!!!

You can also Whats app us to get connected to us:


What Can we do to get NA for land?

You can simply call us and we would work on your behalf for converting your land into NA land

What is the process to get NA?

  1. Compilation of all supporting papers

  2. Making and submitting the proposal to the appropriate authority

  3. Follow-up with the SDO Office

  4. Respond to SDO Office concerns

  5. SDO letter of N.A.

What is NA? Why is it required?


Non-agricultural land is defined as land that has been subjected to development activities that renders it unsuited for farming.

Before carrying out any development on the land, an eligible person must apply to the collector for permission to convert the use of agricultural land for any non-agricultural purpose, or to change the use of land from one non-agricultural purpose to another non-agricultural purpose, according to section 44 of the Maharashtra Land Revenue Code 1966.

The district revenue department or the planning body has the ability to authorise land-use modification. However, because land is a state issue in India, regulations controlling land-use change are developed by the state and implemented in letter and spirit throughout the state. If large expanses of agricultural property must be transformed for uses other than farming, the owner may need to seek a higher authority than the tax department or the planning board.

The revenue department in Uttar Pradesh has the ability to authorise the conversion of agricultural land to residential use. The ability to grant land-use change is vested in the area's sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) in Jharkhand and Bihar.

What are the documents required for converting Land in Non Agricultural Land?

  1. Proof of the owner's identification.

  2. A copy of the sale agreement.

  3. The RTC (record of rights, tenancy and crops).

  4. a duplicate of the partition deed (in case the land has been inherited).

  5. Documentation of mutation. (7/12 Ferfar)

  6. Certificate of no encumbrance.

  7. Extract 7/12.

  8. A certificate of no objection (NOC) from the municipal council or local body / local authority / gram panchayat.

  9. Map of the survey.

  10. Plan for land use.

  11. Water certificate portability from a recognised water-testing laboratory (in case of farmhouse).

  12. In the case of housing projects, a project report is required.

  13. Receipt of land revenue payments, etc.
    * Additional documents might be required than those stated above.

Important point while seeking NA permission?

  1. If there are any encumbrances, your application for conversion of agricultural land to non-agricultural (NA) land would be dismissed immediately. To be eligible for conversion, all dues and mortgages on the land must be paid.

  2. If the land in question is owned by more than one person, each owner must produce evidence of identification as well as proof of ownership of the land.

  3. The conversion must be completed within a certain amount of time. If that deadline is not met, the owner will lose the ability to change the land's use.

  4. Penalties are levied against the owner if he utilises the land for a purpose different than that specified in his conversion application. If the owner is found guilty of exploiting the land, a penalty of 50% of the conversion charge is imposed in Bihar. In other places, the penalties would include not just monetary sanctions but also judicial action.

  5. The fee payment receipt must be maintained carefully since it also serves as proof of conversion. While this receipt must be kept secure until a conversion certificate for the land is produced, it should also be kept safe for future reference.

  6. Developers, as opposed to private owners, are needed to provide an even greater quantity of documents when asking for a land-use change in order to create huge housing developments.

  7. Even though NRIs are not permitted to acquire agricultural land in India, they will be able to do so if the land has been converted for residential use in accordance with the applicable laws.

  8. There is no set timeframe for issuing the land conversion certificate to the applicant. Keep in touch with the relevant authorities to stay up to date.

bottom of page